Wow it is almost the end of June.....
This is my lay-out for Challenge no.18 over at ScrapAfrica.
Use texture paint or modelling paste, either with a mask or stencil or free hand and any other wet medium like paint or mists etc.
The photographs are of my cat Sasha no.2 - I know, I sort of got stuck on that name and the names my children came up with didn't help much in the naming process.
This cat was an unique being, fiercely independent, and extremely willful. She graced us with her presence when she wanted to and the rest of the time she was on her own mission. When she was home she mostly slept in the dog basket, and my dear, gentle Labrador would then try her utmost best to fit into the cat basket. These made for most amusing moments...
Another of the cats favorite places to sleep was on my bed, especially during the winter months. I would switch the warm blanket on and the madam will just go right ahead and snuggle on my cream blanket - sometimes with a wet and muddy body - oh well most things in life are washable....... Then of course if some freshly laundered washing landed on my bed, it just made the snuggling so much softer - I edited the laundry out of the photos, the colours didn't match my paper - lol.
I used some paper from Kaisercraft - the Elegance Collection. The colour scheme is purrfect!!
I used some texture paste at the bottom with a mask I made with my Silhouette. I spritzed it with some mixed ink, and then put some Perfect Pearls in gold over it. The heading was also cut with the Silhouette, inked with Black Soot Distress Ink and a hint of Perfect Pearls Gold.
The flowers is Petaloo flowers with little blue punched flowers in between and some little roses that were coloured with ink. I also cut two frames in different sizes with my Silhouette, and inked them with Black Soot Distress ink. The bigger butterfly was also spritzed with the yellow ink and some Perfect Pearls was added. The smaller butterfly was left white with just a hint of gold Perfect Pearls. There is also some gauze as an added layer underneath the flowers.
This photo shows the different layers of paper underneath the photo, I used various punches to make them. The "chain" came from my stash.
The stencil and ink were repeated at the top of the layout underneath a double banner.
Thank you so much for stopping by to look at my project. I hope your upcoming weekend will be filled with loads of scrapping fun!!!!
Till next time,