Welcome - hope you will have owls of fun, and find some inspiration too.......

Welcome - hope you will have owls of fun, and find some inspiration too.......

Monday, May 20, 2013

Scrap Friends Challenge for May

Hello Friends,

Oh goodie, I found another sketch challenge to do.  Please hop on over to Scrap Friends Blog and look at what they do. This is my first attempt at their sketch challenge.

Here is the sketch for the month of May,




...... and here is my take on the sketch.



I finally managed to scrap this photo of my dearest husband.  He is so sweet, I love him to bits, and I am really lucky to have him in my life.  I used some Authentique papers, mixing up the Genuine and Original collections. 

A closer look at some of the details on this lay-out,



I used a circle template made with my Silhouette, as well as some wall nut stain and faded jeans distress ink to create the background circles. The ink splats were made with some faded jeans distress stain. The ink drops are some brown Mr Huey's colour mist.


I made some chevron stitching along the sides of the lay-out, and enjoyed myself thoroughly layering all the paper.


Another splat, and some sticker embellishment  of the Authentique range.





some more layering, little tags that were cut from the various papers and some more sticker embellishments.

Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you have a good week.

Till next time
Lee










5 comments:

  1. Amazing layering and placing of elements Lee!!!! Stunning LO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Lee...love how you played with this sketch! The details and colouring are just superb! Beautiful work! So love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! I just looove the diamond pattern on the background! very clever and such a gorgeous page! thanks so much for playing along with us at ScrapFriends!!!

    ReplyDelete