Welcome - hope you will have owls of fun, and find some inspiration too.......

Welcome - hope you will have owls of fun, and find some inspiration too.......

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Charming Smile

Hi there friends,


I am finally committed to my blog. It was created two years ago and then.......... nothing. So here I am writing down what I am basically saying to myself, sounds rather crazy to me, but here we go.....

Firstly here is my "tree house" we live in.  It is built rather high up on the plot, and it has a complete natural garden!! The only way to get to the house is stairs, stairs.....oh yes and did I mention stairs?


Then there is the view!! This is what I look at while scrapping, laying in bed, eating, and cooking. Needless to say stuff happens rather slowly cause I catch myself often just staring out of the windows, lost in thought.



Right so now to the layout.........

There is nothing like a relocation to force one to clean out and organize all your scrap stuff. These photos of my eldest son was found in a folder as a unfinished project. They were taken at a beach excursion about two years ago.

I am sure that I had pretty patterned paper once,  to go with the photos......... but not anymore!  Living where I am there is no hopping off to the nearest scrap-booking shop in search of paper......... closest shop is 160km away. So here I am being forced to climb out of my comfort zone and create the paper I would need for the layout.......... and this is what I made..............


The background paper was made with white AC card stock, gesso, some sprays (no brand names, as I mixed them until I had the colours I wanted) gauze, Kaizercraft bubble wrap stamp, distress inks and distress stains, as well as some distress crackle paint.



Close-ups showing the effect of the distress crackle paint.....


The heading was done with Tim Holtz (sigh) goodies.. Grunge board blocks and letters, painted with a black acrylic paint dabber, sanded and then inked with vintage photo distress ink to get that old look.... The word "Charming is an old rub-off from Scrapbook-king that I had in my stash since forever!!

For the embellishments I used Enmarc Crafts chipboard gears, and sprayed some of them with Enmarc Dazzles as well as some distress stain. They were then covered in glossy accents or glossy accent crackle. The big gear I treated the same as the heading, and just put some glossy accents on it.


I made three circles with some of my left-over string and sprayed them with Enmarc Dazzles, and added them to the layout.  I used some of the string to add another layer behind the embelishments as well as a piece of Tim Holtz Photo strip ribbon. The word "authentic" is part of the Scrapbook king rub-off I used. A Tim Holtz philosophy tag as well as a Tim Holtz trinket pin was added as a final touch.....



These little tabs was made by using all the spray inks that was left on my craft sheet. I used a Tim Holtz tag and just dragged it through the spray leftovers. Thereafter I embossed it with Couture creations embossing folder:  World fair collection: Timepiece. Lightly inked it with distress ink, cut it up and then added it to the layout.

Thanks for stopping by and looking at my layout. I hope I have inspired you to get out those crafty things and BE CREATIVE......its so good for the soul!!


Till next time,
Lee

2 comments:

  1. Ek is tog eerste in jou followers blokkie!!! Ook al waar ek sal eerste wees...hahahaha!!! Baie geluk, mag jou blog groei tot jy nie meer kan by bly nie...Ek is Jaloers oor jou uitsig! Geniet 'n koue enetjie sommer namens my daar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Lee..nice treatment of the chippies and your flowers look awesome! :)x

    ReplyDelete