Welcome - hope you will have owls of fun, and find some inspiration too.......

Welcome - hope you will have owls of fun, and find some inspiration too.......

Monday, January 21, 2013

Brotherly Love!!

Hello Friends,

I hope everybody is having a great week so far.

Here in our treehouse all is well. The new school year at the new school started with a bang. The kids seem to be having fun at the moment and all report backs have been positive for now - this is a great weight off my shoulders.

Me I am having fun, because they walk to school. A complete novelty in their lives. Every morning after they leave I make a cup of coffee, giggle for a bit and start with my day. It is amazing how much more you can pack in day if the whole school trip is taken out of the equation. So after covering books, sorting the stationery, shortening the skirts, and lengthening the pants (why is this always necessary, I HATE hems!!!) I finally got some time to scrap!!!!!!!

A friend of mine gave me some Kaisecraft Periwinkle paper as a gift, and said I had to make a friendship page....... I think she meant of me and her, but when I saw this photograph of my husband and his brother it just begged to be used with this paper.


 O brother, just look at those faces!!

This is the first time that I am using a sketch to make a layout and I am still wondering if this was easier than usual or not.......

This is my take on the July 2012 sketch at My Creative Sketches.



I was also inspired by a layout done by Gabrielle Pollacco, and she has done an awesome tutorial on the paper flowers I have used on my layout that you can find here.




And for a closer look at the details:


This is the flower,  I like these flowers - a lot. They are fast to make and easy to assemble. For the stamens in the centre I used a belt - one of those leather string affairs that I will never in my life wear. I got it with a shirt or something long ago and have kept it because there must be a use for it somewhere, and I finally found it!!!!!



For the title I used some chipboard letters out of my stash, covered them with some paper, chalked them and them used some Crackle accents on them. After the Crackle accents was dry I used my finger to work some brown chalk into the cracks.


The flourishes are from Enmarc. They were chalked and then covered with Crackle accents, once they were dry I worked some brown chalk into the cracks with my finger. They were then cut up and used with the flowers.

One of my new year resolutions is to try and make cards from the leftover paper once a layout is complete. Ok so the year is still young and I managed to make six cards with the leftover paper.....

Card1

Card 2

Card 3


Card 4

Card 5

Card 6
There will now be cards on hand for special occasions, or bundled together and tied with a bow as a gift.

Thank you for stopping by today. Hope you had fun, and gathered a little bit of inspiration.....


 Till next time........

Lee

2 comments:

  1. Stunning Lee! You have really outdone yourself! Keep it up girl! Soon you will be teaching at the scrapping4charity events!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really impressed...love your easy story telling style and love your photos as well...Great work on the cards and tags and I am waiting for a LO with that stunning Sunset photo!!!

    ReplyDelete