Hi there Friends,
A bit of news on the happenings around here:
My son turned SIXTEEN.......... He didn't have a party but we spent a family sunset dinner and swim at Keurboomstrand. A whole school of dolpins came past while we had dinner and that was so special. I could also take loads of photos to the great irritation of my daughter....haha. Here is a few of the special moments.....
|A picture taken while the kids were jumping from a rock!!!|
Sheesh....... time flies, it is almost time for THAT day again. Now my dearest husband is a firm non-believer in Valentines-, Mothers- and Fathers days. According to him everyday is all of these days!!! Me...... I had a bit of mojo-overload and needed to get rid of it, so I decided to make a couple of Valentines projects. It is easier to try new techniques and ideas on tags than a 12x12 scrapbook page. and it is also an opportunity to use up some of my stash and see how far I can push my creativity with what I have available. No store to run to, to get goodies - believe me that sucks..... I know we have the whole internet shopping thing, but at the moment the connection is so slow I can probably run faster with my order in hand... LOL. Oh yes, added to that, there is that little situation surrounding post delivery, street address and post box availability....... it is fun to live in this little huddle of houses.....
Ok, so here goes the mojo overload projects!!
The projects all started as white card and white card stock. It was amazing to see the humble white transform into these different colours, and I had loads of fun making these......
First is my non-believers' husbands gift........
He loves chocolate - the higher the cocoa content the better. I took an old wrapper and some white card stock. The wrapper was used as a template and I made a new wrapper from the card stock. The front was then heavily coloured with some fired brick distress ink around the edges. The next layer was coloured using some peacock feathers distress ink, then embossed with a swiss dot embossing folder, the embossing was then swiped over with the same distress ink to make the dots pop!!
The Tag: My trusty Silhouette machine was used to cut a heart background, a circle background, a heart border, a heart as well as a cupid. The heart background was used as a mask with some sand coloured acrylic paint. When that was dry the circle background was used as a mask with some white acrylic paint. The tag was then inked with fired brick- and antique linen distress ink, spritzed with water and dried. A stamp with some writing was used with fired brick distress ink. Some vintage photo distress ink was used around the edge and then the tag was distressed around the edge.
|Closer view of the gift wrap|
Next a card:
For the background of the card a piece of white card was inked with antique linen and vintage photo distress ink. A writing stamp was used to stamp on the background with some vintage photo distress ink. The heart background was once again used for the topper background, but this time with some Victorian Rose Dazzles from Enmarc. It was then inked with fired brick and antique linen distress inks, spritzed with water and after it was dry some vintage photo distress ink was used around the edges.
I used my silhouette to cut the crown, wings and heart. The heart was covered with some red glitter, and set with hairspray. The crown was painted with silver acrylic paint, sanded and inked with vintage photo distress ink to get the aged look. I added some gems to the crown. The wings were inked around the edges with vintage photo distress ink and then covered with Crackle glossy accents. After that was dry I applied some more vintage photo distress ink to highlight the cracks. The doily was sprayed with some Enmarc Eggshell Dazzles and inked around the edges with some vintage photo distress ink.
The crown, heart and wings was pieced together, placed on top of some netting, and then onto the doily. Some ribbon was added to the topper background and a little ruffle was made with some Tim Holtz tape. The topper was attached to the background and a cream piece of ribbon was attached to this. The letters of the word LOVE were inked with some vintage photo distress ink and placed on the topper. Finally all of this was stuck to the card with double sided tape and the doily was attached in its position. Card done!!
|A closer look.........|
Oh boy, and once again I enjoyed making this one........ I again used my silhouette to cut the stripe background as well as a heart. I inked the heart with fired brick distress ink, and some vintage photo distress ink around the edges. Then once again I applied some Crackle glossy accent. After it dried I used some more vintage photo distress ink to highlight the cracks. (just LOVE the Crackle accent) The doily is hand made.......... yes by me. I was so impressed that I could still hold a crochet needle........ For the card topper background I used strips of Calico fabric and dyed them with watered down Enmarc Caramel Dazzles. When the fabric was dry it was attached to the topper with double sided tape. I threaded some seed beads on a string and randomly made knots in the string to keep the beads in place and attached these with a tiny attacher to the top part of the topper.
Thanks for stopping by............ I had so much fun doing these projects, I hope you had fun looking at them.
Creative thinking is more than just coming
up with new ideas. It is about living life in
a way that is open, authentic and curious.
It is a mindset and approach to everything
Till next time........